Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I have arrived!

I'm writing this on Wednesday June 13 at 7:45 a.m. I'm writing in the future...ha ha.

I am a bit hazy about how long we were on the plane from LA to Auckland. We were figuring 22 hours but it ended up being around 12 to 13 hours. Much better results I must say. Quantas has a really nice set up. Everyone has their own video player. It can show movies, TV shows, music and computer games. We were served two hot meals and snacks in between. I actually ate off a metal fork and spoon. The knives were plastic.

I tried to stay awake as long as possible. I didn't really sleep. I watched "Zodiac", a documentary about Australia and tried to play solitaire. I read when I wasn't dozing. I'm feeling a bit "hung over" from the lack of sleep. I'm looking forward to coffee and lots of it. I'll post again once I've got an impression of Auckland. Hopefully I'll have pictures too.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Whoo-hoo...I am writing this comment on Tuesday, June 12 at 5:20 pm and you are already living it up on Wednesday. I understand the time zone thing, but I still can't wrap my mind around it very well! Keep us informed of your walk-about BUT GET SOME SLEEP! pam mac

Catherine said...

I remember comparing notes with a woman from New Zealand when we were in Israel. What made it more confusing was that she had come east because she visited family in Los Angeles before going on to the Holy Land. It is 10:40 p.m. here, so it must be about 12 hours ahead. How did everyone else come through? Did Dad have any glitches?